Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

At Long Last!

For a long time now, I have been working on the manuscript for my first novel.  I had been working on it when I was on my lunch break at work.  Needless to say the going was slow, but then I changed jobs and it slowed down things even more.  I had hoped to have this thing done this past summer, but that totally fell apart, but now I have finally gotten back into a rhythm, and I am loving it.

Now, let me tell you you a little bit about what I am writing.  It's sort of a dystopian type story.  It is set about a hundred years into the future.  The United States has collapsed and three new nations have emerged, two of which are at war.  One is planning an attack that will alter the course of the war and leave a wasteland in its wake. 

That's all I am going to say about it for now.  I have injected a lot of politics into it dating all the way back to 2001.  I wanted to show how our great nation fell apart, and I must be honest, I think I did a pretty good job of it.  I added a few things I think will get my readers' imaginations going once they see what I have planned.

Unfortunately, it will still be some time before it is ready.  I was just so excited that I got back into a groove that I had to spill a little about it.  I'm hoping I will have a lot of time to work on it and If I'm lucky it may only take a few months.

The biggest thing that will slow me down is a new project I am eager to start.  I will give you a quick peek about it.  It is about the Titanic.  No, there is no Jack, or Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment