Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How I write


            So, I posted this question the other day on G+ and got a lot of responses, so I thought I would put it up here and see if I got a similar response, but first, a little back story.  I often find it hard to write, not because I don’t have ideas, but becasue I simply am not in the right mood.  I can always write, but to write well, and to especially start a new project, I find that I have to be in certain mood to do it. 
          What kind of mood you ask? Well, to be honest, in a nutshell a bad mood.  Now, I am not saying that I need to mad or wholly depressed, though I have produced good work that way.  I feel I need to be in a funk, somewhere between depressed and happy.  If I’m too depressed then I don’t put a lot of effort becasue I don’t care.  If I’m too happy I usually can’t concentrate very well.  When I’m in my writing mood I tend to be a lot more thoughtful and contemplative, which for me, produced the best results. 

           So, how many of the rest of you great writers out there have a similair mood with which you write in, or does this make me sound weird, and a little nutty.  I’d like to know, it interests me how the rest of you get your worlds and ideas from your imagination to the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment