Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Just Thinking

I have been thinking about something for quite some time.  I realize that it's likely that I will never be a famous writer.  It's very likely that I will never get a Pulitzer, or a movie deal or anything close to what may resemble great success.  You know what?  That's OK.

I don't write for riches, fame or adulation; I write simply because I like to, nothing more.  I like to tell stories, I like to read back over my work and smile to myself when I know that I got it right.  To me that is reward enough.  If people like my work then that is simply icing on the cake.

I'd be lying if I said I don't want any kind of success, but I don't need a lot of success, I just need to know that I completed my work, did the best I could to get it out there and let the cards fall where they may.

To all my fellow indie authors out there who have projects going and wonder what's the point, I'll tell you the point.  The point is to do what you love and to hell with what anyone else has to say about it. 

Having said that I'd like to give you all a quick update.  So far things are proceeding well.  Soon I will begin the final read on my second anthology book then I will launch it.  The first draft of my novel is nearing completion.  I don't have much time these days to work on my projects, so it's taking a lot longer than I had wanted, but that's life and I accept it. 

Good luck to my fellow Indie authors.  We kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment