Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Current Novel

So I am closer to completing my first novel.  I think I have gotten enough done that I can yap a little about it and kind of throw the general idea and plot for it out there and see what happens.

I set the book about 100 years from now.  During this time the United States has fractured into three different nations and two of those nations are now at war.  I go into what brought on the split in the book, but its too complicated to put here or this thing would be longer than anyone would be willing to read.

Anyway, the story centers around a character that I have named Grunt for the time being but i think it's going to change.  He is a soldier of one of the warring nations and he is the quintessential hard-ass soldier.  He is outspoken and doesn't care to tell anyone including his commanding officers what he thinks, but he's the best so his superiors let him get by with it.  Despite this he is an honorable man, he can be a jerk but he is honorable.

Grunt finds out about a weapon, created by the other warring nation, that could devastate the entire continent.  He tasks himself with stopping it, of course.

Even though the setting is about 100 years from now, I still kept a lot of the technology from this era (though updated) in an effort to make it seem more real.  I also threw in a couple of new elements, one of which I didn't even think of until I had started writing it. 

I could go into more detail, but I haven't finished the book so editing is no where near ready to start, so many details I could put here may change.  I just wanted to throw it out there since I keep bringing up novel and my projects.  I

I hope to have it done by June (fingers crossed).  Ill post more about it as it becomes more and more concrete. 

Thanks to all for your support!

1 comment:

  1. PS Sorry for any typos I was in a hurry to do this post

    ReplyDelete